Fall Fest & Plant Sale Saturday Oct 19th 2019 in Watsonville
Date: October 19, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sponsor: UC Master Gardeners of Monterey Bay
Location: UC Master Gardener Demonstration Garden
You're Invited to Our Garden!
The UC Master Gardeners of Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties invite the community to our family-friendly Fall Fest and Plant Sale!
Saturday, October 19, 2019 | 10 am to 3 pm
UC Master Gardeners Demonstration Garden
1430 Freedom Boulevard, Watsonville
Admission is free.
Join us for a day of fun and educational activities for the whole family, including:
Our fall plant sale offering an array of plants grown from seeds and cuttings by area Master Gardeners, including California natives and fall vegetables, ready to plant!
Mini-classes with gardening experts:
- Gardening with Beautiful California Native Plants
- Food Crops and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) - Spanish
- Winter Vegetable Gardening
Live gardening demonstrations:
- Fall pruning techniques tours through our demonstration garden: Ornamental trees, shrubs and fruit trees
- Sheet mulching
- Orchid care
- Fall/Winter vegetable gardening
- Tool sharpening and tool care
- Container gardening: Do you have a favorite pot that you would love to plant but can't because there is no drainage hole? Bring your pot and get it drilled at the container gardening demo table! - $3
- Pumpkin decorating with succulents - create and take home your Fall centerpiece - $5
Children’s activities include:
- Coloring booth featuring plant and beneficial insect life cycles
- Bug house
- Observation beehive
- Face painting
- Mini plant potting
- Decorating pumpkins with succulents - free
Food and merchandise, featuring:
- A Touch of Glass
- Bonny Doon Farm
- Honey Blossom Retreat
- Leaf Filter Gutter Protection
- Millican Pecan
- Mosaic Hearts
- Quail & Olive
- Terra Sole
- Wheelbarrow full of gardening goodness complete with tools, soil, containers and much more!
Please check back for updated schedules and details! We look forward to meeting you in our garden!
UC Master Gardeners of Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties is a volunteer organization affiliated with the Master Gardener Program of the UC Cooperative Extension Service, whose mission is to provide horticultural education to the public and to disseminate research-based horticultural information developed by the University of California. Master Gardener programs, including a hotline, public education classes, information booths, demonstration gardens, events, and special projects.